DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am experiencing a dull ache in my lower abdomen and a dull

I am experiencing a dull ache in my lower abdomen and a dull ache in my genitals and itchy testicles - I had a full screen but not for herpes and all came back as negative, I am panicking as I cannot get to an out of hours doctors and don't know what to do. I hope you can possibly help
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Since how long you have this problem?

Any recent unprotected sexual intercourse ?

Any urinary or bowel related complaints?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had these symptoms for about 7-10 days.
I had unprotected oral sex about 4 weeks ago but got tested for everything with the early check tests which all came back negative in which the dr told me that it was very reliable results !And not really any urinary complaints - I'm not sure whether there was blood in my stool though last night as it was a reddish colour but not dark red !

Thanks for the information

Reddish color stool or urine ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reddish colour stool but just that once

Thanks for the information

Do you have constipation or pain while passing stools ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what to do or what it could be

Thanks for the information

Two possibilities to consider here

First of all an infection of the intestine considering you have noticed reddish colored stool along with a low abdominal pain.

A stool test will be helpful in this case.

As you have been tested for UTI so chances of having urinary infection is low.

I would suggest to get tested for Herpes as well if it was the only test missing in the STD screen.

An infection needs to be ruled out in your case.

So i would suggest a reevaluation by your doctor for these possibilities

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Are you there ?

Do let me know if you have any more question

if you are done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I thought I pressed send ! So could these be the symptoms of herpes even though I havnt any sores on genitals ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are the tests I had

OK thanks for the information

This is mainly an STD screen except herpes and its negative.

Herpes should be tested as well although its good if you don,t have symptom but it still need to be tested.

One more thing is a simple urinalysis to look for an evidence of pus cells and if found then go for a culture sensitivity tests as urinary tract infection is still a possibility

Good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your time ! Take care !

Good luck