DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I seem to of hurt my wristwhen fully down i have pain int

Customer Question

i seem to of hurt my wristwhen fully down i have pain int it, also when moving side to side, when elevated it feels more comfortable, can you advise what to do?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

If there is no swelling and the movements of the wrist are fine then you can take some anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen and do apply ice over the wrist. Also try to restrict your wrist movements till your pain settles.

If there is obvious swelling or discoloration like bruise then you need to get the X-Ray of your wrist to rule out any possibility of a fracture.

But for relief of your pain you should take Ibuprofen but as i mentioned you might need an x-ray to rule out a bony fracture

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Are you there ?

Do ask if any more question

If you are done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating