DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am being treated tb infection at the moment and am on

I am being treated for a tb infection at the moment and am on medication but I am so weak and my arm is twitching constantly I am just wondering is it from the medication or the tb? I have these symptoms since before I started meds but seems to be getting worse
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

What medicines you are taking?

Which part of your body is effected by TB ?

Since how long you are on anti TB drugs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been on meds 2 weeks dey couldn't say where I had tb just said DAT ther was a positive for tb and DAT I wasn't contagious I had originally went into hospital for various tests to see why I was feeling so weak and getting night sweats and tb was the only thing they showed up but my symptoms are getting worse even tho I'm on meds and was wondering cud it be something else the meds I'm on are called rifater

Thanks for the information

It can be the side effect of your medicines

Twitching of the arms or legs can be due to irritation of nerve or muscle

Being on Aanti TB drugs you also need to get your kidney and liver function tests done as well to make sure they are not effected by the drugs. A check of your blood counts should also be done.

You have to be on pyridoxine as well to minimize the risk of neuropathy which can be a complication of isoniazid.

So do get these tests done and have an evaluation

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any further query

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating