Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I have a noise in my right ear that comes and goes but when

I have a noise in my right ear that comes and goes but when there is in time with my heart beat.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you with your question.

This special kind of tinnitus appears when the acoustics of your middle ear is impaired. First, I would have checked if ear wax blocks your auditory canal and have it removed. Another reason may be an irritation of your mandibular joint. If you grind your teeth while sleeping or press them together tightly while concentrated or under pressure, the mandibular joint may swell. It is in direct neighbourhood to the auditory canal. Your dentist can help with a bite splint, at least during the night.

I wish you a soon recovery!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no ear wax. I may grind my teeth.
My worry is that it is in sync with my heart beat and fear a heart attack

You don't have to worry! It has nothing to do with your heart, it's just an acoustic phenomenon. As long a s your blood pressure is normal, this is no sighn for a heart problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome! I thank you for a positive rating of my quick help and wish you the very best.