Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

My son who is 14months now had s adenoids removed when he

Customer Question

Hi there!
My name is ***** ***** my son who is 14months now had his adenoids removed when he was 11months. For about a month now, he has just had a snotty nose all the time and snoring and waking up at night all the time! Have taken him to my GP and he says it's all ok. My question is do adenoids grow back? And would you suggest I take him to the ENT specialist ?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ash,

Adenoids can grow back, but not within only three months. Maybe you son caught two viral infections in a row, which is quite common in toddlers. If he doesn't improve within the next week I would take him to an ENT specialist. I hope this won't be necessary and wish him a soon recovery!