DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Following a flight and further travelling and stressful

Customer Question

Following a flight and further travelling and stressful circumstances a rash broke out on my leg.it was very vivid red with not just an even cover but with points of brighter red.
I have never had a rash like this before and I am not a person who suffers from allergies.
It lasted 3 more days and has since gone completely.
I am concerned however as to the probable cause so that if possible I can take steps to prevent this happening again,or at least to reduce the probability of it recurring.Also to know if i should have this further investigated in order to get to the root of the problem.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

A rash that goes away, and a rash as you describe this that goes away is almost always

a. allergic reaction

b. reaction to something the leg came into contact with.

c. allergic reaction to an insect bite.

There are almost no serious diseases that would do this.

Bad veins in the legs can give this appearance as well, but this would essentially become continuous.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/