DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

6 and a half weeks ago I developed itching on the inside of

Customer Question

hello 6 and a half weeks ago I developed itching on the inside of my thighs, eventually it got read, sore inflamed. started to spread over my thighs, hips, stomach lower legs, then my both my arms, it's painful, hot and peeling skin like sunburn. I was given prescriptions for many creams, lotions, ointments anti-biotics. I thought it was slowly fading but the last few days/weeks the skin has got more painful and tight, steroids I'm on are not really helping, I've also been told I'm having an allergic reaction but no doctor has taken bloods or skin samples. It's affecting my sleep, everyday movement and I have to wear floaty skirts while still using cream. I'm miserable and so uncomfortable. I have not changed ANY soap, washing powder, I don't use perfume or fragranced moisturiser. I don't know what to, I find myself crying to sleep because of the discomfort please please help me if you can !
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I don't here a sound diagnosis here.

Go back immediately to a doctor and have a sample of this sent to the lab.

This is easy to do.

It will show if this is

allergy

infection

autoimmune disease

rare skin problem

Glad to look at a picture here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent, a 5, at the top of the page [3,4,5]—that’s how we are paid, per positive rating. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back.