wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a small pea size lump along jawline which is tender.

I can also feel a walnut size lump under jaw and area around it is silghtly tender.
Should i be worried?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other symptoms, such as a sore throat, skin infection on your head/face etc?

Has this happened before?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other sypmtoms - no sore throat, no skin infection. I suffer from hayfever so unable to say whether runny nose is cold or hayfever.I did have swollen gland in neck/back of head due to scalp infection last year and that was resolved by antobiotics.I recently had the same scalp infection over month ago and was prescribed Betacap and Selsum. I did apply the same Betcap solution thinking i had scalp infection last night but i believe i was mistaken.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

What you are feeling are the normal lymph nodes in your neck. These help your body to fight all sorts of infections and issues.

They are normal and usually nothing to worry about.

If they don't go down in a week or so, or if you notice any other signs of infection (hacking up green goo etc) then have your MD take a look at you.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i am feeling tenderness does that mean the nodes are swollen due to an infection?
What kind of infection? Because i feel relatively fine.Should i not have it looked it by the doctor to confirm the cause, in case something sinister such as cancer??
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

They can become tender when they are fighting off an infection.

Sometimes when your body is hard at work getting rid of some sort of infection you don't have any symptoms....means your body is winning!

Just watch things for a few days and if you have any new symptoms you could see your MD.

But from what you have posted here today I bet you will be fine.
Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS