Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have continual rumbling in my abdominal area I am taking

Customer Question

I have continual rumbling in my abdominal area I am taking tablets and medicine for this but it is not helping it gets worse when I go to bed and keeps me awake It seems to come in spasms with terrible wind and I belch a lot I am worying this is bowel cancer
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

What is your age? Why are you afraid of bowel cancer? Since when is this happening?

If you have consulted your doctor and he/she has prescribed medications and if these medications are not helping, then you need to go back to your doctor and inform him/her that the medication are not working. The doctor will then given you another type of medication which may help or your doctor may order a new investigation.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sdddthis has been going on for 10days and I am a very nervous person is this symptons of bowel cancer as I can't stop worring
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

There are no specific symptoms of bowel cancer. However most patients will have blood in the stools, or a change in bowel habit, such as more frequent, looser stools which are occurring for a long time such as months. This change in the consistency of the stool will last longer than four weeks. Just having these symptoms for 10 days is not suspicious of bowel cancer and may be due to an infection or due to anxiety. Also there will be weight loss.

So please do not worry about these symptoms. Get back to your doctor and I am sure with a change of medication you will feel better.

Also get yourself treated for the anxiety. This can be either medication or in the form of therapy. I would personally recommend a therapist who is practicing acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). You may also read a book such as "The Happiness Trap" by Dr. Russ Harris.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Happiness-Trap-Based-revolutionary-mindfulness-based/dp/184529825X

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars.

Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

If you have no further questions, please rate the answer with a positive rating.

It was a pleasure answering your question.