wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I believe I suffered a chemical pregnancy over the weekend.

Hi there,
I suspected I was pregnant very early and took a test 3 days before I was due and got a positive, faint, but definite line. Waited til the day my period was due (tuesday)and tested again, line was still faint and more so the next day (I was obviously expecting it to be stronger, but half thought, it's early days) friday I started bleeding (like a period not spotting) and had lower back cramps,
Reading up it sounds very much like a chemical pregnancy, but should I see a doctor, Online information says they are very common for first time pregnancies (which it was for me) and most people dont even know they have them, so they wouldnt see a doctor obviously. Dont want to waste the doctors time.
Also can we continue to try and conceive this month? Most sites have said yes, but one or 2 said to wait a month (though 1 suggested that was only to date the pregnancy)
My partner is in the Military and only home weekends, so not always at the right time, so I dont want to skip a month if it's not necessary.
I'm 34, slim, never smoked and very rarely drink.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

There is no need to skip a month......keep on trying!

There should not be any need to see a MD at this time given what you have posted.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS