Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a hemorrhoid which has grown a little over the past

Customer Question

I have a hemorrhoid which has grown a little over the past 2-3 days. I went to a nearby walk in centre where they prescribed me a cream and a shampoo. It's been 3 days and I reckon It's getting worse even though I am following the medication. I can't sleep at night because of the irritation. Is there any quick remedy that is effective? I can't take it anymore.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

what is the prescribed cream?

you should be using a steroid cream like 1 or 2% hydrocortisone cream twice a day on the hemorrhoid

this hemorrhoid is on or next to your anus, correct? why did they give you a shampoo for your head for a hemorrhoid problem?

you need to soften your stools? constipation and hard stools and straining with bowel movements can worsen hemorrhoid inflammation.

stool softeners like colace (docusate sodium), laxatives, eating prunes, can help soften your stools and make passing bowel movements easier.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cream they prescribed is Daktacort 2 percent/1 percent/w/w cream(miconazole nitrate and hydrocortisonel.) And the shampoo prescribed was Dandrazol 2 % shampoo (Ketoconazole 20mg/g) Transdermal. I was told to clean my infected area mildly with the shampoo and apply the cream twice a day.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like they gave you two antifungal treatments.

your doctors must think you have a fungal infection down there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what should I do?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you should use those antifungal and steroid creams Daktacort and steroid shampoo in the area

and also keep your groin and privates area as dry as possible

fungus like to grow in dark, warm, moist environments.

during the day, use baby powder or antifungal powder to keep the area as dry as possible

if you still have a swollen hemorrhoid vein next to your anus, use 1% hydrocortisone steroid cream on it twice a day to help shrink the hemorrhoid

and soften your stool so you are not constipated.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will it take for me to completely heal?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

fungal skin infections can take 4-6 weeks sometimes to clear up.

this can depend on the person.

keeping the area dry can help speed things along faster.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's so sore around that area now, I hv trouble sleeping. Is there any possible remedies?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

use antifungal powder on the area 4 times a day. Nystatin powder can help also to kill fungus in that area

ask your doctors for pain medications and lidocaine creams as well which can help numb up the skin and decrease pain.