wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I've recently (5 months ago) had a microdiscectomy and was

Customer Question

I've recently (5 months ago) had a microdiscectomy and was recovering from that. I was also doing exercises given by physio regularly. For about two weeks my lower back started aching and finally went into spasm 5 days ago. The spasm has mainly relieved, although not completely, but I now have pain shooting into buttock, close to spine. I understand that this may be due to disc herniating again but how do I treat it and will it end without surgery?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I would not try to treat this at home on your own.

The best thing to do is see your back surgeon ASAP for a complete exam. The only way to know if you will need surgery again, or if this can be treated medically, is to have another evaluation.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS