Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am after some advice on what medication treatment I can

I am after some advice on what medication treatment I can use. I have a mild case of thrush, I normally use the canesten duo treatment of a tablet and the cream which has always worked very quickly and effectively. But my husband and I are in the process of trying to get pregnant, I am due to ovulate today and wanted to know what I can or can't take at this time.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

In your case it is recommended to avoid the tablet in canesten duo and use only the intravaginal cream which contains Clotrimazole. This is effective for many patients, and is a safe choice during pregnancy. A 7 day treatment course if preferred. However please confirm first from your doctor whether this is indeed vaginal thrush. This cream can be used at any point during pregnancy and does not pose a risk of birth defects or other pregnancy complications

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** clotrimazole cream likely to affect the sperm at all?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

According to some studies it does have an effect on sperm causing a decrease in sperm motility. However these studies are not conclusive and more studies are required to tell with authority whether this will have an effect on sperm or not.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.