DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My granddaughter, aged 22, was diagnosed with bipolar

My granddaughter, aged 22, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the age of 19 but she was already having symptoms from the age of 14 to 15. At the moment she takes Abilify 10 mg daily. She is better but not perfect and this medicine has a number of side effects.
We would like to know if bipolar disorder could be treated with stem cells and where to go for that. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to your reply.
Elena ************
************
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

No

There is no such thing as stem cell treatment for bi polar.

Bipolar is a neurological, psychiatric, genetic and environmental problem.

It is not from a defective body part, so it is not really part of regenerative medicine.

You need to take here to a functional medicine.

A number have now been trained in the UK, by IFM

Go to their website.

www.functionalmedicine.org

look at the practitioner list

call them if needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a functional doctor? I have tried your link but here in the UK there are no functional doctors listed in a radius of 150 miles from where I live.
What is the best treatment for bipolar disorder other than Abilify (Aripiprazole)
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Please ignore that post

Site problem./

You have to call the institute.

They don't have the uk docs listed yet.

A functional doctor uses natural treatments to address underlying mediators of disease.