Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Sir or madam can you please tell me honestly how to treat

sir or madam can you please tell me honestly how to treat hemoroides i do not wish to go into hospital as it is a very painful procedger so please please can you tell me if thay can be treated any other way please 74 yearold gentleman thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this depends on how severe your case of hemorrhoids are .

for mild hemorrhoids, you can use over the counter or prescription steroid creams like 1% hydrocortisone cream (over the counter) on hemorrhoids externally to the anus twice a day for 2-3 weeks to help shrink them up.

you should also eat lots of fruits and vegetables. or all fruits and vegetables like in a vegan diet to help soften your stools and to avoid constipation so you don't have to strain and push with bowel movements.

you might need prescription 25mg hydrocortisone suppositories to treat internal hemorrhoids where your creams can't reach.

let me know if you have other questions.