DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Dear Dr, I hope we can continue with our Q&A time. I was

Customer Question

Dear Dr Thomas, I hope we can continue with our Q&A for a time. I was just wondering: Given my TSH is currently 0.73, presumably it was also 0.73 three weeks ago when I took the two doses of 125 mcg levothyroxine. So, I’m also presuming 125 mcg was not an excessive dose under the circumstances; and so that there was no danger of my TSH plummeting to 0.20, or lower, from the doses, which would have spelled hyperthyroidism. is there any danger my heart might have been hurt?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Not an excessive dose.

No, TSH changes very slowly, 6 to 8 weeks, and it does not plummet.

No danger

Please click a positive rating.

Find me anytime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** a relief; so presumably my heart would not have been seriously affected by the increased dose...

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

One more point, Dr Thomas...I read online that too much thyroxine can cause atrial fibrillation, possibly leading to stroke especially in the over 60s...I am 60..of course 125 mcg may not be too much in my case, with TSH of O.73. it was 3 weeks ago now...I am hoping any danger would have passed...would it have done?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Actually I think you need to get help with the anxiety about all of this.

You don't even have a fib.

In addition, TSH often goes under .1 before there are noticeable problems.

So, Find me on a new post for any new questions. You did it correctly but you set up your question for a single , simple answer.

Ratings are the only way I am paid by just answer, along with bonuses and customers acceptance of premium services offer.

We can address protection of your heart, and your anxiety. I just sent a premium services offer at a correct price to do that.

Check that out and click accept if you like.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** you've helped so very much, I really appreciate it, because until recently, I knew so little about this condition. I may get back to you in a short while about the issues mentioned, protection of the heart, helping to improve the thyroid, reduction of anxiety. I'd be interested in finding out about this. Thank you again.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome anytime.

Find me by request. I am here daily.

Use a long request lock and set the question up for a complex /extensive answer.

good luck

let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will, Dr Thomas, and again, thank you for everything, your help has been beyond what I can express.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome anytime.