Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

5 weeks ago i had a 1cm squared mouth ulcer on my tonsils

Hi, 5 weeks ago i had a 1cm squared mouth ulcer on my tonsils which was treated with penicilin (and has since cleared up). However the day after i saw my GP i noticed another wart like lump just below where the mouth ulcer was.
I just went to see my doctor an hour ago as it is still there, however, he could not see it. It was only after i left i realised i had him looking at the wrong side of my mouth!!
I've done some research and mucous retention cyst seems to come up... could that be what this is?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Yes there is a possibility of mucous retension cyst if it appears like fluid filled cavity. In your case examination of the lesion is very important for exact diagnosis. It would be best if you get it examined by your doctor. If you can take a photo you can attach here.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yeah it is a fluid type. I have sent a picture to my GP and have attached the same picture and circled the lesion for your info.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

In picture it seems to be a cyst. You need to follow up with your doctor for exact diagnosis and a small incision may be required for drainage.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay awesome, that sets my mind at ease. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure to help you.