Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My partner broke s arm two weeks ago, it has been in a cast

My partner broke his arm two weeks ago, it has been in a cast and requires realigning and pinning. He was told it would be done by tomorrow if not earlier but now his operation has been cancelled. Possibly waiting until Tuesday. In the meantime he is in pain, is not healing and cannot work (he's self employed so not recieving sick pay) this is really getting him down. Our biggest concern is will this delay impede his recovery in any way as he has a very physical job. Both bones were fully broken in his left forearm.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Since it is in the cast you do not need to get worried. Whenever pining will be done there would be no physical deficit afterwards and delaying couple of days would not impede his recovery.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the delay so far has been 12 days, extended now to 16 days. If there are more delays (due to lack of available appointments) at what point ought we to expect his surgery to be made a priority?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

Ideally it should be done within 3 weeks. So try to get an appointment as soon as possible now.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for your help.
Lara.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure to help you.

Best wishes for your husband.