Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have arthritis,and pernicious anemia, and athsma, I had

Customer Question

I have arthritis,and pernicious anemia, and athsma, I had myB12injection last Wednesday, but for a week now I have a very sharp pain in the top of my leg /groin and it hurts every step I take,the nurse gave me co-codermol last week and they help a bit,but I don't know what I have done to cause it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Have you ever had a MRI of your lower back to have a look at the bones and the discs of the spine?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I have never had a MRI scan
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

I think that with the symptoms that you are having you must have a MRI of your lower spine.

I suspect that you could be having a pinched nerve causing your pain which is what I would like to consider and do a MRI for.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If it is a pinched nerve will it wear off in time,or will it get worse,my doctor is not very helpful,I don't think he will SE d me for an MRI,but I have to have a blood test,will this help
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

It will most likely either get worse or remain the same with time.

It may diminish a bit with time but may not go away completely, not anytime soon.

Blood test will not help.

You will require a MRI of your lower back or a CT scan of your lower back.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have black between my thighs witchbi have had for two years,is there anything I can get for that,I am too embarrassed to go with that,is it connected to the pain I have
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have black between my thighs is that connected,this makes me to embarrassed to go to the doctor,is there something I can get for this,what causes it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

The black with between the thigh is not connected at all with the pain.

There is nothing that can be done for the black between the thighs.

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I have an MRI scan,what do you think it will show,and what treatment is needed for it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said I need an MRI scan but at the moment I am having trouble getting round indoors,so I cannot get out and in the car,so I will have to wait for it to wear off before I can go to the doctors,could you tell me what it might be causing it,and if there is anything I can do,or buy to help myself,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said I need an MRI scan,but at the moment I am having trouble getting round indoors,so cannot get out,and in the car,so I will have to wait for it to wear off,before I can go to the doctors,could you tell me what it might be that's causing it,and if there is anything can do,or buy to help myself
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Was the MRI scan of your lower back reported as normal?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have never had an MRI scan,I can't at the moment,as I said I can't get out,or in the car,so could you tell me what's most likely to be causing the pain
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also what can I get to ease the pain,is there anything
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Sorry I thought you had one done.

If you have an MRI scan done that may show a pinched nerve in your lower back that may be the cause of your pain that you are having.

If that is proven then something can be done about it:

1. Nerve pain medications like pregabalin or duloxetine
  2. Cortisone injections in the back
  3. Epidural nerve block
  4. Surgery if the above fails

Kindest regards