Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have an appointment with my gp on the 3rd August but

Customer Question

I have an appointment with my gp on the 3rd August but wondered if you could help? I have been experiencing nausea on and off for a few years but also recently I seem to have loose stools. I am not having to go to the toilet more often, just tends to be once a day but when I go it is loose? I have no stomach pain, no bleeding, no weight loss but I am worried it's cancer/bowel cancer. Does this sound like it could be to you?
Also do you think I should wait until the 3rd of August or should I try and go earlier?
Darren
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

I don't think that these symptoms are indicative or a red flag for cancer in the bowel, and they do not demand urgent or emergency treatment or consultation. Please wait till the appointment and there is no need to prepone it, if this entails difficulty. However if you can easily get an appointment earlier then this will be better since this will lead to an earlier diagnosis and also reassure you. Loose stools once a day are not indicative of any specific condition and I would not worry about them. They may be possibly caused by your present worries.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have looked at my diet and I don't get that much soluable fibre so I've ordered a supplement to help this so will see what happens.

I guess the nausea and loose stool can be put down to my stress and anxiety? I do worry constantly that there is something seriously wrong but from what I am saying you don't think it's cancer/bowel cancer?

Darren

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Start the supplement in low dosage and gradually increase. Also increase the foods containing fibre.

I don't think this is cancer because of the absence of warning symptoms such as loss of appetite, or vomiting, or blood in stools, or weight loss. Please do not worry about cancer but do get examined by your doctor and this is for your reassurance.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had my blood tests taken in relation to this on Friday. Full Blood Count and liver and kidney function tests.

I did have a heavy drinking session on Saturday 3rd September, bloods taken on the 9th September (no drinking in between). Should my liver function have gone back to normal at the date of my blood tests (Friday just gone)?

Just currently waiting on results.

Darren