Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I'm a 23 year old male and have red/ rash over my stomach

Hi I'm a 23 year old male and have red/ brown rash over my stomach thigh and back of legs , it's only small round rashes also have a black/purple rash on my left thigh in groin area with further dark red rashes any idea what it may be
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 12 months ago.

Hi Paul. How long have you had these rashes? Are you currently taking any medications for any reason?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have had them for about 3 or 4 months , I had a ringworm infection when I came back from turkey in November . Doctor had given me cream which didn't really clear after a while they went away and them these red/brown rashes stated to appear on my stomach thighs and back of legs and recently I noticed the rash between my legs a few weeks ago image attached an image of the red type rash over my legs ?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I currently not taking any medication
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 12 months ago.

It's a bit difficult to make out what is going on here. Do these patches hurt, burn or itch?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No they don't do any of that its just annoying to look at ? And they are getting bigger and spreading out more over the last few days
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 12 months ago.

Is any scale visible? (tiny pieces of flaking or peeling skin)?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No as I said on my legs stomach and thighs it's just the red blotches and on my thigh it's the same but it's more wide spread and the blotches are bigger there's nothing peeling
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 12 months ago.

And you feel pretty well otherwise? no fever or chills or nightsweats? no nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yea I'm fine no other problems
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 12 months ago.

I think you might have picked up a dermatophyte. This requires lonterm treatment (minimum 4 weeks) with a broad spectrum antifungal cream such as econazole 1% (prescription only). If your doctor agrees, you might also be a candidate for oral therapy with ketoconazole or fluconazole. Some tough cases or extensive cases require both. Either way the prognosis is good if one uses the medications as directed for the entire course of treatment (so as not to leave any microscopic spores or hyphae behind). If you did not respond to this type of treatment, a skin biopsy might be needed, given your recent history of travel outside the country.