Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My foreskin has become painful when pulled back, and once

Customer Question

My foreskin has become painful when pulled back, and once it's back passed the head it 's like a tight rubber band. I'm 63 do I need to be circumcised ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This seems like balanitis xerotica obliterans, a condition that makes the penile foreskin atrophic and lichen sclerosis of the penis.

However, scarring and fibrosis due to balanitis (infection) can also cause this to happen.

The best course of action is to see your Urologist and have this evaluated. Circumcision or a Preputioplasty are both the best fix to this.

Medical interventions can halt the progression of disease but never really completely cure it, so a surgical intervention will be better.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.