DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am thinking of having sculptra in my face is this safe

Customer Question

I am thinking of having sculptra in my face is this safe with thyroid disorders?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

This is safe.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I had read somewhere that you should avoid sculptra if you have an autoimmune disease so was a bit worried about having a reaction by my body rejecting it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

That is for you and your doctor to decide. Not a question and answer service.

But: thyroid disease does not require immune suppressing agents.

I am assuming you don't have an autoimmune disease that you have not told me about, and that you are not on an immune suppressing drug.

If you were on an immune suppressing drug, you would want to avoid the procedure.

Hope that makes sense.

Talk with your doctors as well.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply I was diagnosed with post partum Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and take thyroxine everyday to keep it stable. I always thought thyroid disorders where auto immune diseases? So that's why I asked the question if in your opinion sculptra was safe? Many thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Autoimmune does not mean immune suppressed.

I have seen no rating on any of my answers.

Please click a positive rating [hopefully 5] as that is how we get paid

Find me anytime.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does immune suppressed mean?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Means a drug or disease lowers your immunity.

Please find me by request in medical for new questions.

I am here daily and you can find me by request for fast answers, correct answers, and all your question needed.