DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I was just chatting with Dr.. does that mean that the

Customer Question

i was just chatting with Dr. Thomas. does that mean that the hepatitis is causing the false positive results for the VDRL? and if so how can this be resolved such that the VDRL changes to negative after a test
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Yes it can be causing a false positive.

Since you had a negative VDRL, I would not go with a positive later, since you have been treated, unless there were a chance of re exposure.

The VDRL might always show a false positive.

Unless you have the hepatitis cured.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Dr. Thomas. now with the VDRL negative with TPHA positive for life as you indicated, can i have sex with my partner and still make babies safely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
without infecting her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr. Thomas
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

That is your doctors decisions with you.

But I would guess yes.

Remember, we do not replace your doctors advise or visit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Dr. but my question didn't seem answered. If VDRL is negative but the TPHA is positive because it will remain so for life, will i be able to have safe sex with my partner and not infect her because VDRL is negative and can we make babies?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Yes.