Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been in hospital with infection of the gall bladder

I have been in hospital with infection of the gall bladder and was very ill.after 3 months of being discharged my hair is seriously falling out I did have very intense antibiotic treatment or 5 weeks I take blood pressure medication and heart tablets the hair loss is serious and I have terrible taste in my mouth all the time with excessive daliva
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have had hair loss

this can occur after severe illness or traumatic situation.

low blood iron levels can cause hair loss. you should get your iron and ferritin levels checked.

you may benefit from taking biotin supplements.

also you can use over the counter Rogaine products for women to see if that helps with hair growth.

terrible taste in your mouth can be from stomach acid reflux which can be treated with stomach acid reducers.

you should be tested for H Pylori infection which can be in your stomach and cause bad taste

you may benefit from taking a probiotic daily which can add good bacteria into your system after prolonged periods of antibiotic therapy.

have you had your iron levels checked?

have you heard of Rogaine products to help with hair growth?