DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm currently off nurofen plus over a day and a half.Doc

Hi there,I'm currently off nurofen plus over a day and a half.Doc prescribed of librium on a taper for few days and I'm feeling fairly okay.But last few night around bedtime and again last night even though I had taken my lib dose I still got these horrible wd symptoms like before.I'm now wondering is it because for the last few months I've been taking limovane to sleep and taking more than I should.How do I get back to normal,I do not want to go on like this.I'm sober from alcohol for 13years. Me being foolish underestimating the power of prescription drugs!
I think now that the withdrawal symptoms (which are extremely frightening and horrible) could be down to those sleeping tablets? Is that possible?
If so,what do I do from here.
Please help me
Jerry
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I am d double board certified clinical doctor and can help you with this. Use reply as needed to give me any additional information.

It is possible to have withdrawal from sleeping tablets.

You should not be trying to manage this situation.

You should be reporting directly and frequently to your doctor, and he/she should set up an appropriate taper.

Not just for librium, but from your other med as well.

If you have stopped it and are going cold turkey, he/she needs to know and to monitor.

There are additional medications that can help if needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent [5]—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I do not do phone calls.

What other questions do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.I just need to know how long approximately (I know it varies from individual..I've been using these about 6 to 8 months,but need to use more than the desired dose)
The librium dosent seem to work on these horrible sensations at night.
Thanks again
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Under supervision, up to 2 weeks.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent [5]—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to visit my doctor again then
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Call your doctor and see.