Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Im 26 yrs old Ive been having pain over the last few weeks

Im 26 yrs old Ive been having pain over the last few weeks and my teeth feel like their moving, ive got one frknt tooth which is sticking out a bit more than the other (not a significant amount) im considering and wondering if a cosmetic dentist or an orthodontist would be best to ho and visit?
I was told when i was younger that i might have had to have braces, but nothing was ever mentioned after. Im left with a dilemma of what step i should take next
Can you give me any advise please?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I would see a regular dentist for dental evaluation and cleaning and evaluation of your gums at first if you haven't seen a dentist recently.

it doesn't sound like you have seen a dentist in a year or more.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have been visiting this dentist every 6 months since I was 20 and previously a different dentist (cant remeber how often back then ) , I keep mentioning that im not happy with my two front teeth but never anything seemes to come out of it as its just NHS Dentist I have. I have mentined this quite a few times, this is why im in a dilemma of what to do and who shall I be visiting?My last visit was February this year.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

I would see a private cosmetic dentist as the next step if you don't have problems with your teeth and gums.

they could help with veneers or caps which could help your teeth look better and stay in place better.

you may have to floss more and eat more fruits and vegetables to help your gum health to better hold on to your teeth as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I only have a few fillings but otherwise in good health, i will go and see a cosmetic dentist now,thanks as i didnt want to go to the wrong place and look stupid.I have heard but not too keen of, would they be able to give me braces now at 26yrs old would they, just for me to know all the opions. Hopefully not? Not sure to beleive friends when they tell you that you could have braces at my age and laughed it offI will leave posotive feedback, many thanks for your help and advise

they could possibly give you braces at your age to help straighten your teeth. this can be done at your age .

you are welcome

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com