wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have recently notices blood or browm colour in my semen. I

Customer Question

I have recently notices blood or browm colour in my semen. I am 76 years old and generally fit otherwise.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Any pain?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain, i take one lanzoprazole pill each day, otherwise i am fit
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Blood/discolored, painless semen is actually a pretty common occurrence.

It can be caused by many, many conditions and you shouldn't rush to blame it on something bad such as cancer etc. In many cases, even after a complete workup, everything is found to be OK and no pathology is present.....in other words: It just happens.

Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/blood-in-semen/basics/causes/sym-20050603

So. What should you do?

I suggest you make an appointment with a urologist for a complete exam just to be on the safe side.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS