DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I've had a tattoo done last Tuesday on the bottom of my leg

I've had a tattoo done last Tuesday on the bottom of my leg near my ankle. I broke out in hives and had a allergic reaction to it which was sorted. But now have an infection on the tattoo. I was wondering what advice would you give to put on the infected area.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

If you have developed infection in that area you need a course of antibiotic.

For relief of pain and inflammation you can take anti-inflammatory like Ibuproen and for hives anti histamine certrizine.

So my advise would be to see your doctor for an antibiotic course. At time in mild cases even local application of antibiotic cream also does the job

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm already on a dose of antibiotics called Lymecycline 408mg but only take one a day for cysts will these do the trick and the hives have passed .

Yes it is good antibiotic for skin infection

Good luck