DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Acute on chronic pain elbow joints. Loss of lifting power.

Customer Question

Acute on chronic pain elbow joints. Loss of lifting power. Will a steroidal injection help?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

First of all it has to be evaluated whether this pain is originating from the joint or is it coming from the flexor or extensor tendon site at medial and lateral epicondyle(Golfer or Tennis elbow respectively). If it is Golfer or Tennis elbow it will improve with steroid injection.If the pain is from the joint then before injection an infection in the joint need to be ruled out.If no infection then injection will be helpful in reducing your pain.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Excellent thank you. No infection but possible nerve involvement I think. Will book to see radiologist

you are welcome . Yes an injection will help if no infection

Good luck

Good luck

Are you there ??

Do ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

You are right there is no such relationship between diet and low backache.

Your stomach pain can be due to the dietary irregularity which you had by changing from your routine diet. Backache can have other reason like postural problem, excessive exercise or out of routine activity and there can be some age related changes in the spine which can cause the lower back pain.You might need an antibiotic for your stomach and diarrheal problem.Low backache might need further investigation if it doesn,t get better with Tylenol or some anti-inflammatory in few days time.

Good luck

Sorry this response is not for you.

Your answer is already been sent to you

Good luck

Hi there
Please do leave a POSITIVE RATING so as to compensate for my service