Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I've recently had an operation because scar tissues from

Customer Question

I've recently had an operation because scar tissues from previous surgery had wrapping itself around my intestine which also had hernias.
My question is what food do I stay away from? This is the second time that I've had this surgery.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and here to help you.

I am sorry you had this problem repeatedly. But it's not the food you eat that bulid the scar tissue, it is your genetic tendency to build too much scar tissue, and you can't influence it.

Your intenstines have to move to digest the food, so if you went on a diet they would still move and get endangered to strangle themselves in scar tissue again.

So you may eat whatever you want. I hope that the surgeons were quite careful and so prevented the development of more scar tissues.

You might want to stay away from foods that cause flatulence.

I wish you the very best and thank you for a friendly rating of my help!