Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I recently made a mistake and took a sex worker in asia back

Hi. I recently made a mistake and took a sex worker in asia back to my hotel. I did not have sex with her but she did mastrabate me with her hand. She also, despite my request, performed slight oral on me - this was very limited in duration with her gently licking the lower area of my penis for around 10 secs and for about 2 seconds inserting my penis in her mouth. I stopped her at this point however this was unprotected. The lady was aged around 45 and apparently had numerous kids. Since this time, i have been very anxious and worried about possible stds. From research online I have identified a few issues which are suggested to be possible. As always this has increased my anxiety and is making me feel very stressed. One thing in particular i am worried about is herpes. Since the contact i have noticed red rash in my inner groin on either leg. i do sometimes get this from chaffing however I am not sure if this was there before. I understand diagnosis can only be performed by consultation, however I am interested to understand likely risks as I am currently abroad and cannot get checked by a doctor. The rash isnt very itchy, however it has been only 3 nights since the incident. Is a rash in this area in line with herpes std?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

There is a low risk for genital herpes and which may present with fever, headache, malaise, and muscle pains (prominent in the first 3-4 days), with local symptoms including pain, itching, and tender lymph node swelling. The rash appears in the glans penis, the prepuce, the shaft of the penis, and sometimes on the scrotum, thighs, and buttocks. So therefor a rash in the inner groin is unlikely to be due to herpes, however it is still possible.

So you have a low risk for herpes and this rash is also unlikely to be due to herpes.

Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,
If you have no further questions, please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Doctor. It is reasurring to know that the existing rash is unlikely related to an std. Or is low risk as you say.Can I just ask your opinion or advice on firstly the risk of any other stds from this encounter, and from your perspective, would you advise consultation with a doctor or getting properly tested?I appreciate that you will unlikely be able to provide your opinion on my overall risk of any infection. It would be great to get some professional advice as to percieved likelyhood of there being any issueI will endeavour to get checked by consultation upon return, however at present am very worriedThanks again
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

There is no need for worry since there is no significant risk for other STD's. Please get this checked upon return or sooner if there are any symptoms such as an ulcerative rash or other symptoms which I mentioned before.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi DoctorFollow up question on my previous post.Since returning home I have developed a burning / tingling sensation in the end of my penis accompanied by frequent urge to urinate. It feels as though there is urine in the tip of my penis however there i'snt really. It is now 9 days since exposure, and I have had this symptom the past 3 days.I went to see a urologist. He physically examined my genitals and suggested everything was normal. I gave a urine sample which came back negative. I questioned him on the same encounter as above and he said that he wasnt worried about STDs and that for peace of mind I can go back at the 3 week mark and get tested.I am currently living in India and went to a good private hospital (from UK but here temporarily) . I am nervous however about the new symptoms and why nothing shown up in the urine test.Are you able to offer advice? Is the doctor correct in still being quite relaxed about this despite my symptoms? His advice if nothing shown up in the urine test was just to wait see if it goes away, is this correct?Thanks again
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

I would also suggest waiting for at least another week and to relax, since increased anxiety may also cause such symptoms. However if you have painful burning urination then you may consult another doctor and have a repeat test done.

Take care.