Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

What tests should I do? Need a very experienced Doctors

What tests should I do? Need a very experienced Doctors answerI developed severe and apparently permanent adverse reactions as a result of the Hepatitis B vaccine.About 4 years ago I was completely healthy and very athletic before this vaccination and have nowsuffered severe, debilitating autoimmune side effects from this vaccine. I get joint pain when Ilift weights in the gym, only on one side of the body, not in both arms at once, just the left.I never used to get joint pain when I was lifting weights before the vaccine,I used to lift 100KG but now I get joint pain when I lift 50KG.I also have joint pain in two of my middle toes on my right foot especially when I walk on the stairsbare feet. There's a measurable loss in stamina before the vaccine to how I am now, I experience breathlessnessquicker when I do cardiovascular exercise then before I had the vaccine.I have chronic fatigue and it is not improved by getting rest.I have a dry persistent cough when there's nothing to bring up. I have abdominal pain on the left sideof the stomach sometimes when I sit down or lie down upright. I experienced Psychosis due to neurologic conditions.I used to think the TV was communicating with me.I suffered the residual effects of these symptoms for more than 4 years.Lupus-like syndrome, multiple sclerosis-like syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis.Tests:Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)Transverse MyelitisGuillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)LupusBrachial PlexitisMyopathyQuadraparesisPostural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

The best way to know what tests you should have done is to consult with your primary care MD.

After doing a complete history and physical exam she will be able to order exactly the tests you require.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I want to know what tests I should do based on the description of the symptoms I gave. If you don't want to do that, please let someone else answer, thanks.

ok

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 12 months ago.

Dear customer,

You need to do the following tests:

A complete blood count,

Thyroid function test,

Liver function test,

Renal function test,

Chest x-ray,

Abdominal ultrasound scan.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Those are normal blood test, how will it detect specific conditions I mentioned
Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
Transverse Myelitis
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Lupus
Brachial Plexitis
Myopathy
Quadraparesis
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)

Dear customer,

I recommended the tests based on your symptoms.

For these conditions you need additional tests:

CSF examination,

Imaging studies of the brain such as magnetic resonance imaging,

Blood tests which checks for antibodies,

Muscle biopsy and nerve biopsy.

Take care.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did research on cases where claimant won regarding the injury they suffered from as a result of Hepatitis A/B vaccine and those were the conditions they suffered from. So that's why I said what tests should I do regarding those conditions.

Dear customer,

In that case you may have the above investigations done and they will lead you to an accurate diagnosis.

Take care.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When I see the doctor to have the investigations done, should I take copies of the case files to show him proof? Would that help with getting the investigations done

Dear customer,

Yes do take them with you. Also tell your doctor about all the symptoms that you are having, this will help your doctor in advising the above investigations.

Take care.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Should I take information about the conditions I mentioned or will the Doctor already know about them?

Dear customer,

You may take the research articles about the cases having similar injury with you. This will help your doctor to order the required investigations.

Take care.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Anything else I should do?

No, the articles, your past history and past documents along with your physical examination will help your doctor proceed further with the investigations to make an accurate diagnosis.

Take care.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with a positive rating.

Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience: Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Should I take cases of Hep A vaccine or just Hep B vaccine because I had Hep B vaccine? Is it relevant?

You need to take just Hep B vaccine cases.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Isn't the Hep A cases relevant?

No they are not. That is a different virus and a different vaccine.

Take care.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
But the Hep A conditions are similar to the Hep B conditions

Most of the vaccines adverse effects are similar.

Take care.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
If they are similar then shouldn't I also show the conditions of those vaccines as well as Hep B vaccine?

You may show, however the doctor will not likely be interested in something which is cause by another virus.

Take care.