wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I had an umbilical hernia repair done nearly two weeks ago.

Customer Question

I had an umbilical hernia repair done nearly two weeks ago. Since then I have developed a lump below my belly button and the whole area around it is tender and painful. The op scar is above my belly button and looks ok. I had a lot of bruising in my lower abdomen so gp took blood but they are normal however unsure what is causing the pain. Has started me on antibiotics in case of infection but painkillers don't help. Any other ideas what the problem may be.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

M/F?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

How large is the lump? Can you make it smaller by pushing on it?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am female, 5" 7 in, 18st. The lump is approximately 3cm in size, is solid and cannot be made smaller, I am on thyroxine, amlodipine, duloxetine, topiramate.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

You need to see your surgeon, first thing this week and let her take a look at this lump. I can be many, many things....and all of them should be evaluated by the original surgeon, not the GP.

make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS