DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 78 year old woman. I was taken into hospital to the

Customer Question

I am a 78 year old woman. I was taken into hospital to the Cardiology Unit with chest pain. I was given an ECG, various blood tests and it was considered that I had not suffered an ischaemic attack. However I am hypothyroid. Two years or so ago it was apparent that my medication (levothyroxine 100mcgs daily) was over medicating my condition. This has now been reduced to 75mcgs daily. Initial blood tests at that time indicated readings things appeared to give more normal readings but no further blood test to check my thyroid levels since then.
The doctor in the CU requested a Cardiac stress test and was duly carried out some 3 weeks later, after discharge and was assured that my doctor would receive a report and I would get a copy. So far despite requests from my doctor to the Consultant no report has been forthcoming. The reason given was as it was requested by CU and not by my own GP it was not forwarded to GP. Please explain a system that in possession of what may be important information regarding my health sees fit to withhold that from my GP.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor and will try and help you with this.

I am sure this is frustrating.

The good news: there are probably not critical findings, or you would have been informed.

The other good news: the physician has no right to withhold the report from your primary care doctor or from you.

Put this request in writing, make it as a complaint, as that it be placed in your consultants chart, and send a copy to the practice manager or his hospital administrator.

This will get all sorts of action.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will take this matter up further with my GP.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.

Please click a positive at the top of the page.

That is how we are paid.

Find me anytime.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I would like to provide another opinion.

I am a verified cardiology expert on this site as well

There is no guarantee that this test was normal. Nor, is this the appropriate test

I would recommend that you have a "holter monitor" done. A stress test will show blockages but not arrhythmias.

Also, a thyroid abnormality is more likely to produce an arrhythmia than a blockage.

Get the holter. That will be definitive

still need help?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

HI

As I understand your question, it is "please explain a system that withholds important information from your GP."

As far as I can tell, you did not ask about further testing needed.

And, that would indeed depend on exam findings and findings on your test, not on a guess, which is why you need the information.

In fact, the answer is that there is no valid reason to withhold your reports.

That is true.

A letter in writing or simply a call to the practice administrator, or the medical board, will get this sorted out.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent [5]—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/