DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

About 3 days ago a line of perfectly formed circles have

about 3 days ago a line of perfectly formed circles have appeared across the lower part of my abdomen. They are dark in the centre and have bumps of the outline of the circle a rash have also appeared in the centre of my back. Can you help?
My email address is***@******.***
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to just answer.

Please attach a picture here.

We do not treat or diagnose, but I can help you go in the right direction.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I don't do phone calls

Can you attach a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm confused. I don't know what your price is. As you deep adding on fringe benefits with its own price. I wish to cancel. In addition you asked for a picture and said you did not take calls. forget it. Please ensure no money is deducted from my account.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

HI

Experts have nothing to do with the money.

If you don't have a picture, I can make an educated guess with out it, and there are no additional charges as far as I can tell, but we don't run that.

Can you first tell me if you have any other medical problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm told I am diabetic. My first and last reading was 6.1
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

OK

One possibility as you describe this is skin staph infection.

MRSA can act like this, which is a difficult staph to treat, sometimes, but treatable.

Fungal infection is the other likely possibility, and common in diabetes.

An anti-fungal cream would be needed if this is the case.

If staph bacteria, a cream called mupiricin.

That is the generic name. It is prescription.

This justifiably can go to A&E as it appears to be, or sounds like it is spreading.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the worse this I can expect. You said it is spreading, the cream therefore can only treat the condition superficially. How can the spread be stopped. I notice sometime I feel an unususal itching on my body. one that does not require scratching. It is like an allergic reaction.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

The cream wold stop the spread as it would kill it.

If you get treatment soon enough, oral antibiotics would probably not be needed.

An allergic reaction is possible, but fungal infection can also itch.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question - if ush come to shove what oral antibiotic would I need?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

It depends on if it is fungal or bacterial.

And there are a number of choices, which you need a prescription for from a doctor who has seen you.

If fungal, diflucan is one choice.

If staph, bactrim is one choice of a number.