Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

Thursday morning while putting my socks on it felt a slight

Thursday morning while putting my socks on it felt a slight pop in the back of my right knee. I went to work the pain got worse and now I can't put any weight through my knee joint.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

Do you have any swelling in the knee?

Do you have any previous history of knee pain?

Do you get any locking of the knee when walking?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Large swelling very painful. I can't straighten my leg. Or fully flex it.no locking no previous problem

Thanks for replying.

Large swelling indicates that there has been bleeding in the knee which can be a result of a structure inside knee getting injured.

Knee is a complex structure with many different structures including menisci, cruciate ligaments, plicae etc...Any of these structures could have been injured causing bleeding and swelling.

As preliminary treatment you should ice the knee several times a day for 10-15 minutes each, tie a compression ace bandage and give rest to your knee.

You should also get it seen by a doctor though this is not an emergency and you can wait for few days to have this seen.

For pain relief you may use acetaminophen/paracetamol and /or Advil.

Please reply if you need any clarification.

Do you have any more questions?

If done do take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our and time on this website.You can always come back to this thread if you forgot something.