Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I have some loss of feeling in my toes largely to one foot

I have some loss of feeling in my toes largely to one foot ie "pins and needles".
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

Since how long?

Do you have diabetes or any other medical condition?

Have you been investigated or treated for this?

Any pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have noticed this for a few months. I do not have diabetes. My doctor said may be cured by a course of parecetemol and felt them etc but didn't seem to think it was a problem.
I have an arthritic big toe where the bone has grown and need at some point to be cut back. I wondered if it was pressing on a nerve but now the other foot is behaving in same way but less so!
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The pins and needle sensation is suggestive of neuropathy.

It means that the nerves which carry sensation to brain are not working properly.

This can be due to several possible causes .Common among them are deficiency of vitamin B12, compression on nerves , use of certain drugs etc....Almost one third have no identifiable underlying cause.

Certain medicines like pregabalin, gabapentin etc... can help alleviate the symptoms.

You should preferably see a neurologist to get this diagnosed and treated.

This is my initial answer.Please reply if you need any clarification.

If done do take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.You can always come back to this thread if you forgot something.