Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have lost all feelings and looking back on life have

Good afternoon, I have lost all feelings and looking back on life have discovered some horrible facts that I have never loved, generally been wicked most of my life, by wicked, I mean selfish, lazy and generally unkind. I feel stuck in life and realise that I have never ever really loved anything other than smoking, I have heard audio voices that tell me that no one will ever understand me but I keep searching for answers.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

What is your age and gender? Since when are feeling like this? Have you consulted your doctor or a psychologist regarding this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am 52 years old, I have been feeling really bad for the past year and a half
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had counselling which I paid for, but nothing seems to make me feel any better.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my heart feels like it is has hardened, it feels like fate worse than death
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is there anyone there?

Dear customer,

I am sorry that you are feeling like this for a long time now. But you will be happy to know that there are medications which your doctor (preferably a psychiatrist) can prescribe (which need to be taken daily) and these will make you feel better. You don't have to feel like this and have such negative thoughts. Research has shown that 80% of thoughts which a human being has are negative. Therefore please don't pay any importance to these negative thoughts. Let the thoughts play in the background and you need to go ahead living your life fully based on your values and achieving your goals. And this is what that is thought in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) which has shown to produce good results in depression. You don't have to get stuck in your thoughts which are pessimistic. You need to develop self compassion and loving kindness towards yourself. Therefore please consult a therapist who is experienced in ACT therapy.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is that all the advice you can offer?

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try the above advice. Your therapist will also give you a questionnaire and worksheets which will help you in becoming better. Please be gentle with yourself and judge yourself kindly. With daily medications and ongoing therapy you will feel better.

Take care.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you

You are welcome.

Take care.