DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am experiencing nausea and also loose stools. This has

I am experiencing nausea and also loose stools. This has been going on for a while, the nausea comes and goes over the last two years and the loose stools seem to be more recent I think? Should I worry?
I have no weight loss, no blood, no stomach ache, I am never physically sick. Sometimes I guess I feel a little lethargic.
I do get myself stressed out and anxious so I guess this does not help with either symptom but equally I am stressing I have cancer or something seriously wrong with me?
I am keeping fit still and excersise regularly but with a young family the nausea really gets me down, it is very debilitating when at it's worst.
Can you help or put my mind at rest at all? I am seeing my GP on Wednesday but just want to get to the bottom of what is wrong!
Darren
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

I am happy that you are finally seeing a doctor!!

In fact a combination of irritable bowel, with stomach inflammation would account for all symptoms.

These are not serious and can be treated.

Your doctor will rule out other problems, such as stomach ulcer, liver or gallbladder problems, and other bowel problems.

Given your young age, it is likely you are fine, but need a better diet, and perhaps medication.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so you are pretty confident it is not anything serious? You mention liver and gall bladder?Sorry I am just worried as the nausea does get me down. Yesterday it was bad but then some days it is like it's never been a problem! I do train a lot and my diet does consist of protein but probably not enough soluable fibre! Could the amount of dairy and lack of soluable fibre be an issue?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

It can become serious if not addressed: ulcer for example

But nothing that can not be fixed.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/