DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I still have a painless lump in my neck (it's very big) and

Hi, I still have a painless lump in my neck (it's very big) and it's worrying me a little bit! I've been my docs twice and he said its fine and nothing to worry about both times although I did have a full blood count blood test which came back normal! I did a silly thing and looked on google and now I've convinced myself i either have some sort of throat cancer, or my main worry is hodgkins or non Hodgkin's lymphoma now! Would my full blood count test show either of these diseases up? Could you tell me what you think or if I'm being silly considering the docs twice said it is fine? Thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.

Hello.

thanks for coming to just answer.

First of all, what is your doctor's diagnosis?

If he says it is fine, it is likely a sebaceous cyst.

These need to be removed.

They don't go away, but they are not cancer.

They swell up and will keep coming back.

If it is a node, a lymph node, and over 2 centimeters, hard, not moveable, and chronic, it should be biopsies.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** didn't give me a diagnosis he just said it was fine so I'm thinking of trying another doctor maybe?? Yeah some days it seems bigger than others! It does feel hard but can be easily moved when touched what do you think about that? Also what do you mean by chronic?

Yes, see another doctor.

I don't think it is cancer.

Chronic means persistent.

More than 6 weeks.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll try to book in tomorrow, it has been there for over 6 weeks I believe! Also the lump type thing does not protrude from the skin! Can just feel it under the skin, does both of these things change anything?

No.

/sound like a sebaceous cyst, which is harmless.

But they will swell up and get tight.

happy to look at a picture here

A dermatologist can remove it, or plastic surgeon, or general surgeon, or very good family doc.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's a real relif! I can't send a picture because you can't see the lump on my skin! I can only feel it when I either touch my neck or look for it! Could my full blood count test have shown anything if it was bad?

Blood test is not relevant here.

Positive rating please.

I hope a 5.

I am fast and accurate.

I am glad to follow up as well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, I'll be sure to rate 5 stars! I'm just worried its a sort of Hodgkin's lymphoma! Does any symptom I have stated point to that in anyway?

No.

Not at all.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh thank goodness! Thanks a lot

You are welcome anytime.

You can save time, getting fast, accurate and safe answers from me, using the request options on the site.

Dr. Thomas.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.