Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I'm a 26 year old female, 2 weeks ago I had a dry cough and

Customer Question

Hello I'm a 26 year old female, 2 weeks ago I had a dry cough and then it changed into a tickly cough now it's a mucus cough, but it's constant and I feel tired and my body aches, I'm coughing up yellow mucus and i keep getting sweats.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

The duration of symptoms indicates that this is now a bacterial infection involving the upper respiratory tract as most viral infections improve in 2 weeks time.

You may need anti bacterial antibiotics to be prescribed to you for treatment of this infection.Please visit a doctor to have proper medicine prescribed to you.

This is my initial answer.Please reply if you need any clarification.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions?

If done do take a moment to rate my answer by clicking 4-5 stars at the top of the page as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.

You can always come back to this thread if you forgot something.