Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I would like a second diagnosis for a lump in my throat

I would like a second diagnosis for a lump in my throat which is pressing against my adam's apple. I have had an ultrasound scan which diagnosed a lipoma. I was advised to leave it alone, however, I have developed a 'metallic' taste in my mouth and throat and I am feeling constantly feverish and tired with a dry mouth and throat. I would like a biopsy to determined the state of this lump with a view to having it removed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you can see another ENT doctor to get a biopsy of that lump in your throat which your doctors think is a benign lipoma.

post nasal drip, runny nose, acid reflux can all cause metallic taste in your mouth and back of the throat.

if you have severe anxiety symptoms, this can cause you to have a lump in your throat or tight throat sensation and dry mouth as well. it sounds like you have some acid indigestion already.

runny nose or sinus infection can cause you to feel feverish and have a dry mouth

so ask your doctors about these additional possibilities causing your symptoms

you may benefit from allergy medications, steroid nasal sprays and antibiotics if you have sinus issues

you may benefit from stomach acid reducing agents and changing your diet if you have acid reflux symptoms to help your symptoms

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com