wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My mam (aged 87 years) is now living permanently with us due

Customer Question

my mam (aged 87 years) is now living permanently with us due to several health issues.
Her memory over the last month or so has deteriorated severely as has her moods, she can be very hurtful verbally to myself (her only child) so much so that I experienced a minor breakdown myself. We have now arranged for her to attend day car in our local nursing home but she returns here to us about 5.30p.m. each day; it is as if she is a completely different person when she is abusing me verbally and I just wondered if you could give me any advice or comment on our situation
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Perhaps it is time to find her a permanent living situation in a nursing home or assisted living building?

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS