Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I haven't had my period for about 6 months now and I am

Customer Question

I haven't had my period for about 6 months now and I am concerned about it. I take the Loestrin birth control pill and recently I have took 4 different pregnancy tests and all came back negative.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 11 months ago.

It is quite likely that you are not pregnant, given the prolonged duration and negative pregnancy tests.

There are many other reasons that can produce amenorrhea (lack of periods), and I would recommend that you get evaluated by an ob/gyn for the same.

Some of the common reasons include,

Stress, reproductive hormonal problems, thyroid problems, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, excessive exercise, weight loss, and some medications.
Read more here
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/amenorrhea/basics/causes/con-20031561

Warm regards

Dr Gupta, MD

Please let me know if you need more information,

Please rate my reply if you found it helpful, it helps the experts get compensated for their time,

Warm regards