Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Which autoimmune disease do I most likely have? I developed

Which autoimmune disease do I most likely have?I developed severe and apparently permanent adverse reactions as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine.
About 4 years ago I was completely healthy and very athletic before this vaccination and have now
suffered severe, debilitating autoimmune side effectsfrom this vaccine. I get joint pain when I
lift weights in the gym, only on one side of the body, not in both arms at once, just the left.
I never used to get joint pain when I was lifting weights before the vaccine,
I used to lift 100KG but now I get joint pain when I lift 50KG.
I also have joint pain in two of my middle toes on my right foot especially when I walk on the stairs
bare feet. There's a measurable loss in stamina before the vaccine to how I am now, I experience breathlessness
much earlier when I do cardiovascular exercise then before I had the vaccine.
I have chronic fatigue and it is not improved by getting rest.
I have a dry persistent cough when there's nothing to bring up. I have abdominal pain on the left side
of the stomach when I sit down or when I lie down upright. It happens when I play video games or use my laptop.
Sometimes I get sharp stabbing pain on the left side of my stomach.
I experienced Psychosis due to neurologic conditions. I used to think the TV was communicating with me.
I suffered the residual effects of these symptoms for more than 4 years.
Lupus-like syndrome, multiple sclerosis-like syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis.These are the choices, if you think it's something else then please say so
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Have you had any blood tests done?

Been seen for these symptoms?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had normal blood tests done but they didn't show anything. I haven't been seen for these symptoms, I've been seen for some of the symptoms but at that time I didn't think they were connected.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Actually the symptoms that you are mentioning are nonspecific and can happen in a large number of conditions even without having any autoimmune condition.

These symptoms may happen with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, vitamin D deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, low levels of thyroid hormone to name a few conditions.

So if the blood tests are normal, I would investigate you further to rule out these and other causes.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the tests for chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Actually both these are diagnoses of exclusion i.e. diagnosed after all other causes have been ruled out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other conditions could this mean, you said chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, vitamin D deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, low levels of thyroid hormone. Any others?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

These are the conditions that I meant i.e. low vitamin D, low thyroid hormone and vitamin B12 deficiency.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said "These symptoms may happen with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, vitamin D deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, low levels of thyroid hormone to name a few conditions". Are there more conditions with these symptoms?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Above is a list of conditions that can lead to your symptoms.

• Chronic heart disease

• Psychiatric illnesses

• Thyroid disease

• Connective tissue diseases

• Chronic anemia

• Neoplastic disease

• Chronic infections (eg, AIDS)

• Endocrine diseases (eg, Addison disease)

• Inflammatory bowel disease

• Drug abuse

• Liver disease

• Renal disease

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Below, not above sorry for the typo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the test for Connective tissue diseases?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Can you please post this as a new question directed to me.