DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Dear Dr Thomas. Further to our recent conversations, as I

Dear Dr Thomas. Further to our recent conversations, as I told you, my TSH is 0.73, and am on 100 mcg thyroxine daily, although I spent two days on 125 mcg daily. I’ve had multiple tests in recent weeks, including three ECGs, blood pressure, two blood tests, and everything has come back fine. However, I’m still troubled by 2 things, one being palpitations seemingly after eating; the other being, occasional twinges of mild discomfort (not really at all painful), lasting a second or so, around the area of my left breast: they come and go, but for the most part are not there. I was only at accident and emergency recently at my local hospital and had several ECGs; and was declared well. But I keep feeling I should get these issues checked out, in case they are signalling heart problems; and could they be related to the two days spent on the increased dose of levothyroxine?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

HI.

Thanks for requesting me.

You would need a 24 our holter monitor.

These are likely PVCs. Harmless.

They can be increased by anxiety, and many other factors.

Not likely thyroid medicine if your TSH is .73, which is a great level

Please make sure that you click a positive rating. If this does not happen, I am not paid.

Please make sure that happens on all posts to me.

I am always glad to follow up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** I requested you specially. What are PVCs? Yes, 0.73 is a good level, but back in late June/early July, I spent two days on the higher dose of 125 mcg (I'm on 100 mcg now and happy with it), and I'm concerned the 'twinges' I'm feeling might be related to that; and that it might have affected my heart. What do you think?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Please see the last post you requested me on as well.

Premature ventricular contractions.

"skipped beats"

NO, I don't think your higher dose has affected your heart.

Please click a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again, Dr Thomas, I'm certainly stressed, exacerbated by insomnia. So I'm presuming it's definitely not incipient heart disease, nor the result of two days spent on the higher dosage.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

We can not diagnose for you.

But a slightly higher dosage should take 6 weeks to fully infiltrate your system.

Not two days.

Do not forget to mention this to your doctor.

If symptoms increase, get worse, etc, then immediate exam.

But I think it is most likely your stress level.

See my premium services offer, and we can get into all of this in depth, beyond the scope of your question and question set up, if you accept the offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Of course not, and I think I'll see a doctor just to be certain. But I see what you mean: two days would not be enough to have any significant effect on my system, or my heart. That is my main concern, because it was through my own action. however, if there is something wrong otherwise, which as you say is not so likely, then so be it. I may be in contact again shortly, re premium offer, but again, thank you so much.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

anytime

any questions