Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hoping you can advise. My head feels tight, as if swollen

Customer Question

Hoping you can advise. My head feels tight, as if swollen and I feel a little fuzzy. I gave taken aspirin as I know this is works well for the onset of migraines. This has begun going on for a couple of days and started when I had a huge nosebleed ( I have never had one before) it lasted for 30 minutes and there were several clots. One was approx 7cms long and an inch wide. Hi i have suffered in the past with both visionary and regular migraines. And have a head scan approx 7 years ago. I would appreciate yourvadvicevas my head feels very heavy.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have a bad sinus infection causing headaches.

you have to be careful with too much aspirin as this can cause stomach ulcers, upset stomach, stomach bleeding, and can cause more bleeding from your sinuses.

you may need a course of antibiotics for a bacterial sinus infection which can cause headaches, tight sinuses, sinus pressure, runny nose, dizziness, and fuzziness. you may need to then take daily allergy pills and steroid nasal sprays to prevent sinus congestion.

let me know if you have other questions.