DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My problem is a tingling sensation in the forehead which I

Hi, my problem is a tingling sensation in the forehead which I have had for about 5 years now. It is not painful, just a constant tingling sensation. It started when I was looking around for a job a few years ago. I was constantly getting rejected from job applications and interviews as it is so hard to find a job these days. This tingling started after around a year of looking for a job. I have found a job since but the tingling is still there. I also suffer from OCD.
I have been to see a few doctors about this, I am currently taking medication to control the OCD and have had CBT sessions a few times.
Does anyone know if any type of surgery would remove a tingling sensation such as this? Would it be possible to remove a nerve?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.

HI.

You need to see a neurologist.

This can be a neuropathy.

Idiopathic, or from various causes.

It can be psychosomatic.

I would worry about brain or cervical spine problems.

Also medication effects.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Would a neurologist be able to take scans to find out what is actually causing this? Thanks.

Yes.

In fact your doctor can order the scan.