Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I've had terrible pelvic/intestinal/bladder pain for 2-3

I've had terrible pelvic/intestinal/bladder pain for 2-3 years. I've had a gastroscopy which showed a hernia and inflammation of oesophagus and a cystoscopy which was inconclusive, one consultant said it showed interstitial cystitis but another said it didnt. It is crippling pain and discomfort and makes any daily task almost impossible including standing and walking. I believe it is probably stress related but the effects just prevent me dealing successfully with that
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you need to see a urologist at a larger academic medical center if possible.

you may benefit from decreasing stress and anxiety and/or taking anti anxiety medications.

you may need to drink more water and fluids and avoid caffeine and alcohol which can irritate the bladder

you may benefit from bladder numbing medications like Azo or Pyrldium which can turn your urine orange, but can numb up your bladder and can decrease some bladder pain

Azo is over the counter

have you tried these before?

let me know if you have other questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you No I haven't tried them. I also fell nauseous all the time. Can I take something for that. I have tried anti-depressants but they always give me terrible headaches
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have a permanent sore throat and sometimes sore glands but I have recently had that checked and GP says nothing speciifc wrong

nausea can come from too much stomach acid causing gastritis or can come from excessive anxiety symptoms.

you may benefit from long acting benzodiazepine mediations like clonazepam or diazepam which can help reduce anxiety symptoms.

and also stomach acid lowering medications like prilosec or zantac or maalox/mylanta which can help

ginger also can help decrease nausea.

you may need to try other antidepressants to find the right one for you.

sore throat can be from acid reflux.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How would I see a urologist at a larger medical centre, through GP?

your GP would have to refer you to see a GP at a university setting

they should do a biopsy of your internal bladder when you have a cystoscopy to prove if you have interstitial cystitis or not.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

you are welcome

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com